Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day of First Grade!!!

I can't believe she started 1st grade this week. I know I sound like a broken record, but time goes by way to fast. Here she is taking some before school pictures.





With her lunch box and backpack...she is ready to go!!

So Pretty!!



In the car and ready to go



In line with her good friend Aiden. So glad they are in class together this year!!



And this is what happens when Lincoln doesn't have a playmate. More destruction than normal.



It was long before he made his way to Averie's room, and this is what I found.


Well her first day didn't go so great. She actually told me it was horrible. So, not what I was expecting. I knew it would be rough going all day for the first time, it is just hard trying to prepare them for it.



Her first day landed her in the nurses office because someone knocked her down at recess and she fell into something. She also forgot to get her lunch box after lunch/recess. She was so worried that she wouldn't get it back and that all her food would be ruined from the heat.



Averie is a very thoughtful and hard worker and one of her classmates made fun of her while she was working on a project. She said everyone got done before her and it hurt her feelings. She said she felt like the turtle and everyone else was the rabbits.



Her second day seemed to be a bit better. She still isn't sold on the whole 1st grade thing but I am pretty sure she will come around.






Lincoln is taking it hard as well. He has had had several breakdowns and asks me "Mom, where Averie go" For the most part they do play pretty well together. He misses his buddy. He is also getting into a lot of trouble on his own. I found him eating toothpaste the first day, "Mommy, yummy" he said. And then he destroyed her room twice.






For mommy it has been a long few days. I am so glad tomorrow is the weekend and that we have 2 days off till we start this all over. Thinking some good Red Mango is in store for me!!!






I am very glad that Danton didn't start school at the same time as Averie. I am needing these couple of weeks to get used to all my current change.