Monday, May 17, 2010

Erie Balloon Festival

the first balloon
she didn't want to get to close
Lincoln and Papa enjoyin the early morning fun
Mommy and Averie The four balloons that were up when we left.

I have always wanted to go the Erie Balloon Festival and this year I decided to make it happen. With Danton working on Saturdays I decided to ask my dad to go with me. This meant for a very early morning because the launch started at 6:30 a.m. and we would need to be out the door at 6:00. That week we also hadn't had very good weather. It had been raining the night before and they even cancelled the launch the day before. So when I woke at 5:00 it wasn't raining anymore but the clouds were very low and it wasn't very warm. They hadn't cancelled the launch so with kids in tow we left the house at 6:00 and headed for the launch. When we got there they hadn't filled any of the balloons so we started to loose Averie. After they started filling the first ballon she perked up a little but then when we walked over to see it in the wet and muddy grass she started checking out again. She did enjoy it but after watching the same thing over and over she told me her wet feet were telling her it was time to go home. Because of the cloud cover the FAA regulates that balloons can't take off, so they were all grounded. We were there about an hour when we called it quits, maybe we will brave it out again next year and maybe the weather will be bright and suny and maybe I will be able to convince Averie to try it again. Oh, and Auntie Kate do you recognize anything in these pictures!!!