Saturday, May 1, 2010

Field Trip to the Butterfly Pavillion

holding Rosie the trantula

touching a starfish
touching a horseshoe crab
Owl Butterflies

Pretty

Averie the Beautiful Butterfly

About a month ago Averie's class sent a letter home that they were going on a field trip to the Butterfly Pavillion. And if you don't know I am petrified of flying things , yes even butterflies. So, I got nervous thinking about all the butterfies flying around and landing on me. Knowing how sad Averie would be if she didn't go I had to find a way for her to go that didn't require me to. I so thankful to my mom who offered to take her. I think the funniest part was me having her teachers ask me why I wasn't going. At first Averie was sad that I wasn't taking her but in the end I think she is glad because her mom would have screamed the whole time, did you see the trantula!!
Thanks to my mom I also have some great pictures! She even wanted to go back and hold Rosie. Averie told me later that day that I really should like spiders and God really doesn't want me to smack all of them. In our home flying or crawling things don't survive. And yes butterflies are pretty but I think they are prettier from a distance.
Thank so much mom for taking Averie she had a GREAT time. Maybe there is hope and she won't grow up to be so scared of things like her mom.