Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Day at School

I know I already posted this picture but I am just so proud of this beautiful little girl
We woke up to rain this morning. So when I dropped Averie off there wasn't anyone waiting to get her from my car and bring her in. I asked her if she wanted to walk in all by herself or if she wanted me to park and take her in. She told me"My I can do this all by myself, don't worry". She then opened the door and put on her backpack and walked herself up to the school and went inside all by herself. I left with mixed emotions. I was so proud of her and her confidence to do that all on her own and I was also sad that she looked so grown up. I didn't cry on her first day but I found myself tearing up today.

After I picked her up I asked how it was going in on her own. She told me that it was great and that when she got to her class there wasn't anyone there. She then went and found someone who led her to the assembly where everyone was. I guess when it rains or snows that is where they wait. She then asked me if she could go in all by herself again tomorrow. So proud of that little lady. At times like that you feel proud that you raised such a good kind and confident little lady.
We love her!!!