Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cow(boy) Jessie and Johnny Appleseed

Our little dude. He thought he was so cool wearing Averie's Cowgirl Jessie Hat.

Just walking around in my hat and carrying my bucket.

For several weeks now Averie's class has been studying Johnny Appleseed. On Monday they had a party to celebrate. Normally she has to wear a uniform everyday but on this day they got to dress up as Johnny if they wanted to. Maybe I am biased but I thought she was was super cute. Also, I have to toot my own horn just a little. Please look at the hat. Johnny wore a pot on his head so I decided to make her a pot thinking it would be more comfortable. It took two attempts but I do think it turned out great. The reason I am tooting my horn is because she was the only one with a homemade hat. Everyone else brought actual pans for their kids. Ouch! Also if any Lansers out there are looking at this... yes it is made from Duct Tape!
Averie~ Hat, cut off shorts and a bag for her Apple seeds.

Here she is showing you Johnny would sprinke the seeds

Fun shot. What a pretty girl. She drew the apples that we taped to the hat.

Up close of the hat.